Master strategic marketing concepts and tools to address brand communication in a digital world.
This Specialization explores several aspects of the new digital marketing environment, including topics such as digital marketing analytics, search engine optimization, social media marketing, and 3D Printing. When you complete the Digital Marketing Specialization you will have a richer understanding of the foundations of the new digital marketing landscape and acquire a new set of stories, concepts, and tools to help you digitally create, distribute, promote and price products and services.
Marketing in a Digital World
This course examines how digital tools, such as the Internet, smartphones, and 3D printing, are revolutionizing the world of marketing by changing the roles and practices of firms and consumers. You will be able to:
- Understand how particular digital tools are changing the development of products
- Explain how digital tools allow for a more active role in promotion activities and product distribution
- Understand the role of the customer in setting the price of goods and services through digital tools.
Digital Marketing Analytics in Theory
Successfully marketing brands today requires a well-balanced blend of art and science. This course introduces students to the science of web analytics while casting a keen eye toward the artful use of numbers found in the digital space. The goal is to provide the foundation needed to apply data analytics to real-world challenges marketers confront daily. You will be able to:
- Identify the web analytic tool right for your specific needs
- Understand valid and reliable ways to collect, analyze, and visualize data from the web
- Utilize data in decision making for agencies, organizations, or clients
Digital Marketing Analytics in Practice
Successfully marketing brands today requires a well-balanced blend of art and science. This course introduces students to the science of web analytics while casting a keen eye toward the artful use of numbers found in the digital space. The goal is to provide the foundation needed to apply data analytics to real-world challenges marketers confront daily.
Digital Media and Marketing Principles
The Digital Revolution has led to a titanic shift in the landscape of marketing communications, while also creating new opportunities for businesses to reach and engage consumers through smart, social, and mobile media technologies. In this course, you will learn about the impacts of digital technologies on marketing communication strategies and practices. By understanding the underlying processes of marketing communication and the core features of new media technologies, you can strategically select the appropriate channels to deliver the right marketing message to the right audience at the right moment. You will be able to:
- Examine marketing as a process of highly strategic communication
- Understand the impacts of digital media and information technologies on communication and marketing
- Develop a conceptual understanding of several digital marketing strategies
- Consider the rise of exciting new technologies, such as AI, Internet of Things, and Mix Reality, as new tools for digital marketing.
Digital Media and Marketing Strategies
The proliferation of digital technology gives businesses an unprecedented and diverse new set of tools to reach, engage, monitor, and respond to consumers. The aggregated and voluminous digital data can also be leveraged to better target specific consumer segments. Following “Digital Media and Marketing Principles,” this course aims to give you a deeper understanding of core processes of planning a digital marketing campaign and the role of various digital channels in integrated marketing communication. You will be able to:
- Adopt a holistic and integrated approach to digital marketing planning
- Develop a purposeful content marketing strategy to achieve your business and marketing goals
- Effectively mix paid, earned, owned, and shared media channels to discover, reach, and engage your customers
- Critically evaluate the role social media platforms play in viral and influencer marketing campaigns
- Evaluate and measure the success of digital marketing campaigns
- Identify and manage risks in digital marketing.
Marketing in an Analog World
Our new digital world is dramatically changing the way in which products are created, promoted, distributed, and consumed. Although these changes have been revolutionary, we still live in an analog (or physical) world. For example, even today, over 90% of all sales are still conducted in analog stores. Thus, both marketers and consumers must simultaneously navigate both the analog and digital worlds on a daily basis. Although the Digital Revolution has received considerable attention in recent years, the impact of this revolution upon the analog world has been largely ignored. This course examines this issue by asking how the Digital Revolution has impacted marketing in an analog world. The learning approach will be highly interactive, meaning that you will have both the opportunity to engage in a variety of hands-on activities and to participate as a member of a rich learning community. You will be able to:
- Understand the key differences between the analog and the digital
- Examine four ways in which the analog world has been affected by the digital revolution: domination, resistance, synergy, and transformation
- Explore the implications of the analog world for both marketers and consumers.
Digital Marketing Capstone
This four-week Capstone of the Digital Marketing Specialization is designed to help you apply the principles you have learned in the previous courses. This capstone course is designed to give you hands-on experience in executing a digital marketing campaign for a fictitious firm selling electronics. In the previous courses on analytics and channels, you came up with strategies to identify a firm’s objectives, specify a few key ones, research alternatives to reaching the customer in their decision journey and finally propose a multi-channel digital marketing plan. In this capstone, you will execute a campaign, rather than creating another “plan”. You will use an online simulation to do this. You will be a marketing manager for a firm selling digital cameras online through their webstore. You will be reviewing the products, pricing, margins, and historical sales. You will create a targeted ad campaign after researching appropriate keywords for the products you are selling. You will also review the basics of landing page design and search engine optimization. You will then create and execute an email campaign. Once these campaigns are executed, you get feedback on the KPI’s such as revenue, profits, traffic, conversions. You will get an opportunity to redo this campaign, with new strategies, to improve your KPI’s in the second round.