In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life.
- Introduction – why take this course?
- Misconceptions about Happiness – what do you think will make us happy?
- Why our Expectations are so Bad – why do we mis-predict what makes us happy?
- How Can We Overcome Our Biases – how we counteract our annoying features of the mind?
- Stuff that Really Makes Us Happy – what can we do to improve our happiness?
- Putting Strategies into Practice – how can we intentionally put these strategies into practice and build healthier habits?
- Start Your Final Re-wirement Challenge – what re-wirement will you commit to for the next 4 weeks?
- Continue Your Re-wirement Challenge – how can you rely on others to help you change your behaviors?
- Continue Your Re-wirement Challenge – how can you design your environment to help you change your behaviors?
- Submit Your Final Assignment – what mindset can you have to appreciate your progress so far and continue your progress beyond the course?